Simple and packed with flavor this wild tuna and sundried tomato spread adds a touch of elegance to cheese platters, morning bagels, toast, crudité and pasta.
You can use this spread immediately after assembling, but I think it tastes better the next day.
- ½ cup Pescavore brand smokey pokey tuna tidbits
- 2 oz sundried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the smokey poke tuna tidbits to the bowl of a food processor and pulse two to three times, until the tidbits are flakey, careful not to over pulse. The tuna should have texture. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add the sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flake, rosemary and thyme. Fold the ingredients together using a silicon spatula or similar tool.
- Once the ingredients are incorporated fold in the tuna flakes.
- Use this immediately and store remaining in refrigerator.