This Thai salad – called Som Tum – is not only beautiful, but is delicious with it's crunchy textures, and signature sweet-sour-savory dressing. Pescavore's Green Papaya Caribbean Jerk Tuna Tidbits Salad is a taste bud's dream come true!
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 2 anchovies, chopped, optional
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Judge Casey’s Curry twist ketchup
- 10-12 green beans, cut in 1” pieces, blanched in salted water and cooled in an ice bath, drained
- 1-1 ½ pound Green papaya, peeled and then shaved into strips with vegetable peeler to make 6 cups
- 2 packages Pescavore Caribbean Jerk Tuna tidbits
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1-2 small Thai Red chiles, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Set dressing aside.
- Using a julienne peeler, peel enough papaya to measure 6 cups. Place in a large bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, chile, and green beans.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Sprinkle peanuts over tossed salad and serve.