These summer rolls are a delicious as a snack, for lunch or dinner year round. Easy to take on the go or share with friends! Can't find rice paper? Use this same recipe topped over rice noodles and serve as a cold salad. Enjoy!
- 8 large Rice papers
- 2 packages Pescavore tuna tidbits or strips
- 1 ½-2 cups shredded red and green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced, seeded Bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups chopped Cilantro
Ginger orange dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey, more to taste
- 1 ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Black sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- Blend all ingredients in blender until very smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning or sweetness. Refrigerate for up to 10 days, covered.
Making one at a time, dip rice paper in a large bowl filled with warm water, up to 20 seconds, until pliable.
Lay the soft rice paper on a cutting board and place a small handful of each ingredient across the middle of the circle, one ingredient on top of or next to the other, leaving a border of 1-2 inches all the way around. The ingredients should be centered in the middle of the circle.
Starting at the ends, fold the rice paper toward the center on both sides. Then carefully take the end closest to you and fold it over the entire row of ingredients to enclose them.
Roll the rice paper away from you, tightly sealing in all ingredients in the center, until sealed at the end. Prepare the rest of the rolls in the same manner and then, if desired, cut the rolls in half and eat with carrot-ginger dipping sauce.