This is a fun and simple recipe that uses wild wakame tuna spread along with Banza brand chickpea pasta.
Pasta made from chickpeas has a wonderful flavor and when cooked al dente, is hard to tell the difference from regular pasta. This recipe works for any kind of pasta and the sundried tomato spread can be substituted for the wakame spread.
- ½ cup Wild wakame tuna spread
- 1 box of Banza chickpea penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Water as needed
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook chickpea pasta for 6 minutes. Drain and set aside for 3- 5 minutes until slightly cooled. This will help keep the pasta al dente.
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil, garlic, cook until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and sauté until heated through. Spoon in the wild wakame spread, lemon juice until the sauce begins to melt. Add a little water as needed to help with this. Once melted add the past and toss until coated.
- Serve individual bowls or family style garnished with fresh parsley and toasted sesame seeds.