A crispy base of potatoes topped with a gorgeous layer of soft eggs, veggies and chunks of Caribbean Jerk tuna tidbits makes for a posh brunch alternative! Add a salad and make it supper.
I prefer to use a cast iron skillet for this recipe in order to get a nice crispy crust on the potatoes.
- ½ cup Pescavore brand Caribbean Jerk tidbits, chopped course
- 6 whole eggs, cracked
- 1 ½ cups of shredded potatoes or hash browns
- 2 tablespoons mixed dried herbs
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- ½ fresh chopped tomato
- Fresh basil for garnish
- ¼ cup Manchego cheese + more for garnish
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl add the cracked eggs, half and half, dried herbs, a pinch of sea salt, a few cracks of black pepper and whisk until incorporated. Toss in the tuna and set aside. This time will allow the tuna to rehydrate a bit.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pinch of sea salt and a few cracks of black pepper. Add the mix to a medium cast iron skillet by spreading to potatoes along the bottom of the skillet – effectively making a crust. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and top with the tomatoes and Manchego cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest before serving. Add fresh basil and Manchego cheese for garnish.