This is the perfect chowder on a cold winter's day. The recipe is enough to share with a group. Remember, not all white fish is the same. Check with your fish monger to pick the best available option.
- 2lbs white fish
- 1 package of @pescavore_seafood tidbits
2 cups chopped clams (save juice from clam jar)
- 2 onions chopped
- 8 red potatoes cubed
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes cubed
- 1 stick of butter
- 1qt heavy cream
- 1qt milk
- 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1tbsp of dried or fresh parsley
1. Chop onion, potatoes and fish into cubes set aside. Finley chop up package of Pescavore tidbits and set aside. Melt a stick of butter in your pot, then add onion and cook until translucent (do not let them brown).
2. Slowly stir in flour to make a roux. Then slowly add heavy cream to the roux. Add clam juice and milk.
3. Add both kinds of potatoes, chopped clams, chopped Pescavore tidbits and all the spices.
4. Let the potatoes cook almost completely through, and then add the cubed fish. Be careful to not over cook or the fish, or it will fall apart.
5. Serve in bowls. Use a microplane grater to garnish with extra Pescavore and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!