This one if for alfredo lovers looking for something different and bit lighter than the usual seafood fettuccini made with a heavy cream-based sauce.
This is essentially a creamy tuna sauce that can be used on pasta, baked potatoes, poutine and more. The tuna tidbits add a wonderful umami flavor to the simple cream sauce without being overpowering.
Customize this dish by adding sautéed rapini, portobello mushrooms or tomatoes.
- 1 cup Pescavore brand smokey poke tuna tidbits
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- ½ shallot, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh spinach, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flake, add to taste
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, as needed
- 1 package of dried fettuccini pasta
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the pasta per the package directions. Once drained, add the cooked pasta to a large plastic Ziplock bag and add a little olive oil. This will keep the pasta from sticking and keep it moist and warm while the sauce is cooking.
- Prep the tuna tidbits: Add the smokey poke tuna tidbits to the bowl of a food processor and pulse two to three times, until the tidbits are flakey, careful not to over pulse. The tuna should have texture. Set aside.
- For the sauce add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large sauce pan along the garlic and shallot, and sauté until fragrant. Pour in the wine and half and half and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Over low heat add the butter, tuna, red pepper flake and lemon juice to the pan. This is your time to taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning - add sea salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the cooked pasta and spinach to the pan and toss to coat in the tuna sauce.
- Serve family style garnished with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
Stephanie Harris-Uyidi, AKA: The Posh Pescatarian, is the producer and charismatic host of the popular travel-adventure-cooking TV series, The Posh Pescatarian: Appetite for Adventure! The show airs in more than 15 countries, and season two is on the way! As an authoritative voice on the pescatarian lifestyle, Stephanie promotes a plant-based diet that is supplemented with seafood. Catch more recipes on her website: poshpescatarian.com.